Tuesday, January 27, 2009

funeral hymns

When I lost my mother there was no way on earth that I could have written a shopping list never mind poems for funeral tributes. An obituary can be a very personal look at a life.

On the day of the funeral my uncle came and stood by my side as I read the funeral poem and I was so glad that he did, I thought that my heart was going to jump out of my chest, it was pounding that hard. Funeral burial services include everything from the coming together in memoriam and prayer to the burying of the deceased. At a hard time like this you really do need help to arrange funeral poems, don't try and do everything yourself.

One of the most troubling thoughts that many people have is they when ask when is my loved one coming home. Organize the materials that you have gathered, pick the data that you will need then prepare an outline. Poems can range in topics and styles, flowery or overly dramatic poetry is not the only option available.

Grief is not something we can simply set aside. Your relationship with your deceased loved ones did not begin and stop overnight.

No comments: