Wednesday, October 22, 2008

poem to read at a funeral

Something they know would make the deceased proud to hear of. Death is never easy, there is nothing to cushion its blow or minimize the pain of it.

A eulogy that presents itself well is one that displays the humorous and loving nature of the deceased. It is at once something personal and a way to involve all of those present in remembering the good things about the life of the person who has passed on. Throughout your eulogy, you can take a moment to compose yourself, then carry on.

I was asked by a couple of family members if I had given any thought to having someone by my side during the reading of my funeral poems for mom, to be quite honest, I didn't have a clue why I would need anyone there. The truth is that death is a doorway into a new home, an entrance to new way of living life with God and you. Looking for the best poems for funerals is not an easy task at the best of times.

Keep in mind, when writing a eulogy, this type of speech should last anywhere from four to ten minutes. Draft your eulogy then try to edit and polish your work.

Eulogy For A Friend - First things first

No comments: